9.30.2013

Initial Transitions

The weather in Texas is finally getting down to the low 90's, which is what we call "mild" or "fall" here in the Lone Star State.  I have been so jealous of all my fellow blogger friends in different parts of the country who've been sporting snuggly sweaters and boots, so I decided that I would jump on the bandwagon today.  Although I was kind of sweating by the end of the day when I got in the car, the office was fa-reezing all day, so it kind of worked out for me.  I love the transitional time of year, as I'm sure you can see by my first article for DeltaStyle, and this outfit is the perfect example.  I wore this J.Crew skirt all summer long and it goes right into fall by replacing my airy tanks with a flannel button down, and switching strappy sandals for booties.  Easy peasy!  

So, an update from my Atlanta shopping expedition last weekend - Swank was a total tank!  I hope y'all enjoyed that rhyme.  They did have some beautiful pieces, but it was pretty scarce and there was really not too much to see and try on.  They did offer some great Mara Hoffman dresses, which are hard to come by, but other than that I was pretty disappointed.  I did visit some other boutiques close by that were more in my price point wheel house, but the best part (and a total surprise) was my visit to C.Wonder.  In case you don't know, C.Wonder was founded in 2011 by J. Christopher Burch, Tory's ex, and both the line and the store are pretty similar in terms of decor and product.  C.Wonder is at a lower price point and offers a lot of customization with monogramming, initials, etc. which this southern gal lurves.  The store was like happiness exploded in 1000 square feet!  Everyone was in a great mood, the colors were beautiful, and everything just put me in a good freakin' mood.  I so wanted to blow my wad on the home decor stuff, but I had no way of packing it in my already packed to the gils wheelie bag.  I was super psyched to see the initial belt buckles in different colors and double sided belts to go along with them.  I got my new initial-to-be in navy enamel with gold accents.  I'm being proactive people!







Top: Theory (thrifted) but love this option and this colorful plaid
Booties: DV Dolce Vita Juju 
Bag: 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target - search ebay!
Bracelets: J.Crew Classic Pave' Link, Stella & Dot Renegade Cluster

xoxo,
sarah



2 comments:

  1. You are lookin' so fab! I love this look!!

    XO
    http://gracefulleemade.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, girl! I loved your blog collar with Little Blonde Book, but I can't figure out how to comment. Disqus crashes my computer every time I try and load it :(

    ReplyDelete