6.26.2012

L'eau

Over the weekend it got hot.  Like really freakin' hot. Like my temperature gauge said 107/hell yesterday and I almost started crying.  Over the weekend, I decided to spring for a few lightweight chiffon tanks and dresses to keep me from melting.  Although I brought several home, this was the only keeper.  I was just too crazy about the color to let it go. 

As a general rule of thumb, I don't buy inexpensive chiffon-y type shirts from discount stores like F21, H&M, etc.  I just don't have good luck with them.  They never fit right and they always end up falling apart after a couple washes. I used to have a sort of addiction to cheap tops and I gave myself an intervention because I realized that if I just saved and bought a more expensive, but better quality piece, it would last much longer.  Sometimes I stumble and I'm sure this one will be in the trash in a few weeks, but for $14.99. I'll take my chances.













Top: Soprano via Nordstrom Rack, similar
Pants: Ann Taylor, no longer available, but similar
Bag: Marc Jacobs old, but a gorgeous updated version here
Shoes: Vince Camuto
Necklace: F21, splurgeworthy
Bracelets: J.Crew, Kate Spade, vintage Hermes

xoxo,
sarah



5 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this entire outfit! The colors remind me of the color blocked Zara heels, which I completely adore! It's really hot here in Indy too - actually we're in a drought. Hope you had a great weekend and try and stay cool! xx, Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my inspiration for the outfit, no kidding! I fell in love and bought those heels in every color, but they had the worst fit. I lost my receipt and couldn't return them, so I ended up selling them on eBay. Thanks for stopping by!

      SD

      Delete
  2. I have that necklace in blue - LOVE the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I just bought those same heels this morning (the pink/red pair), didn't try them on first and have just this minute realised the same thing! So tight on my toes - OUCHIES!!

    Love the colour combo on this outfit Sarah x

    V x
    www.what-vanessa-does.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah I can't fnd this necklace....

    ReplyDelete