2.19.2012

Weekend: Close to the Vest

I was beyond stoked when I came across two key pieces I've been wanting to add to my closet: a cargo vest and new boyfriend jeans.  This vest from Old Navy came out last spring and catapulted to stardom, but by the time I stumbled across it here, here, and here, it was long gone.  I've scoured eBay and the kids section of every Gap/Banana/Old Navy retail and factory store for months hoping I'd get lucky.  Just as I had finally given up the fight, I squealed in the middle of a very crowded J Crew Factory this morning.  

I also found a pair of boyfriend jeans that will work for me. I've been trying to find the perfect pair but the ones that I've tried (feels like a hundred) including my beloved Current Elliot and J Brand, were just too big in the legs.  I decided on these because they were a great price, $39, a lighter wash, and a perfect fit even though it pained me to buy them three sizes too big.  I'm thinking I might take a pumice stone and rough them up a bit.  Has anyone done that to give their jeans a more worn look?  Would love to hear your experience.  I hope everyone had a lovely weekend!  I'm ready for spring!  As if you can't tell...









Vest: J Crew Factory
Blouse: Brooks Brothers (old, similar here)
Jeans: J Crew Factory (here)
Flats: J Crew (here)
Belt: Tory Burch (here)
Bag: LV
Glasses: Rayban Wayfarer
Bracelet: vintage Hermes
Ring: YSL Arty


xoxo,
sarah

2 comments:

  1. Love this look, I am such a sucker for gingham tops!

    xo Ashleigh

    www.thedaileigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this look! I love a dressed up pair of bf jeans and you did it perfectly. Love the vest too! www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete